Today when I was doing my daily check of different websites I came across 15 Low Calorie Chicken Recipes on MSN and looked through them all to find one that I wanted to share with you! This one looked really good so I decided to go with this one!
Chicken and Asparagus with Melted Gruyère
- 8 ounce(s) asparagus
- 2/3 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 1/3 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 2/3 cup(s) shredded Gruyère cheese (You may be able to switch this to a strong swiss or another type of stronger cheese if you can’t find Gruyere cheese!)
- Place a steamer basket in a large saucepan, add 1 inch of water and bring to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and steam for 3 minutes. Uncover, remove from the heat, and set aside.
- Whisk broth and 2 teaspoons flour in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge both sides in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side, adjusting heat as needed to prevent scorching. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add shallot, wine, and the reserved broth mixture to the pan; cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in sour cream, tarragon, lemon juice, and the reserved asparagus until combined. Return the chicken to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top of each piece of chicken, cover, and continue cooking until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice or some kind of noodle!