Hi everyone! It’s been a little while, I know. But today I have a really delicious recipe for you!
Over the weekend I went to Penn State for homecoming and at this restaurant, The Deli I had the best salad ever! My goodness I could have eaten it for a week! So I decided to come back and share it with you, I haven’t remade it yet but I plan to this weekend for a party. I think this would be the perfect salad to serve for a gathering. It’s super easy, delicious and filled with fall flavors that are so good!
Chicken, Apple, Walnut Salad
- 3 Apples, Granny Smith would work really well
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 cups mixed greens
- Red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- Balsamic dressing
- Salt & Pepper to taste
(now some of these I just gave a ball park on the amounts, put in as little or as much as you would like for things, it depends on what you like!)
- Place walnuts and sugar in a skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves into a light brown liquid and coats the walnuts. Remove walnuts from skillet, and spread them out on a sheet of aluminum foil to cool.
- Grill chicken breasts until fully cookes, season this however you prefer to season chicken. (marinating it in a little balsamic dressing would work perfect!)
- Slice onions and apples and toss with the greens, bleu cheese, walnuts and balsamic dressing. Add the chicken to the top and you are done!
This salad is super easy and super delicious! If you don’t like bleu cheese or walnuts feel free to change it to things you do like. This salad can be changed however you want!
Okay so the picture below isn’t the one that I took, but it was the closest I could find to this salad! (The picture I took is super dark since I took it at a restaurant! Sorry)